Thursday, June 14, 2007

New painting

Not done with this...some work to be done yet on the eye, but I'm stepping away from it for a while so thought I'd post it. Oil on canvas...about 3 feet x 2 1/2 feet...give or take. Just trying new things out with this one. Bought a medium called Liquin and tried it out for glazes and detail. I like it. It dries really fast so it's good if you want to work a bit one day and come back the next. I used to work really fast and I'm trying to pace myself a bit lately so this stuff is good.

The picture is a little grainier than I'd like. I'll photograph it better when it's done.

3 comments:

Sail said...

I've only seen a picture of you once at the conclave, but it looks right from what I remember. There is so much character in the face... the expression is awesome!

As always, I love the colors you choose to use.

Unknown said...

Thanks. I think the likeness is pretty good.

Glad you like the colours...this pink and green scheme I've been using lately is really fun to work with.

Sail said...

It's not a color combo I'd ever think of, but it's great when you do it.